Thursday, November 13, 2008

Home Remedies That Stop Acid Reflux

When I first learned that I had acid reflux I knew that I didn't want to take medication for the rest of my life. I wanted a natural remedy for acid reflux. I have always liked the idea of not having to take drugs if I don't have too. I'm going to share with you a few of the natural remedies that I have tried and had some success with.

Apple Cider Vinegar

I first learned about vinegar for acid reflux from a medical expert. He told me that my stomach actually needs acid. The main reason I had acid reflux was due to the fact my stomach was not producing the acid that it needed. The solution was to take a teaspoon of vinegar to help my stomach out with the production of acid. It worked great!

Eating Celery

This was another remedy that I experimented with. What I tried was eating a piece of celery before, during, or after each meal. What I found out was that it would help relax my stomach. I will have a real relaxing and soothing effect on your stomach. This is well worth trying if nothing else seems to work.

Milk

Try drinking a glass of milk before each meal. This works as long as you don't have any issues with dairy products. I experimented with this one myself. I always found that milk helped me with spicy foods so I tried it on my acid reflux. This worked well for me.

Yogurt

As long as you don't have a problem with dairy you should find yogurt to be very soothing. Yogurt can be very good for the stomach and can help your stomach digest foods more efficiently. A little yogurt after each meal can go a long ways.

Vegetable Diet

Vegetables and fruits can help reduce acid reflux a great deal. The key to this is find out witch ones don't bother your stomach. Some people will find citric to bother their stomach. There are also some people who may find that the citric fruits will offer relief from acid reflux. Some people will find that some citric fruits can actually help your stomach produce the amounts of acid that it really does need.

Stay Away From Red Meat

I have found that many red meats will bother my acid reflux. This may have to do with the amount of grease and fats that are found in it. Keep red meat to a minimum, make sure it is lean if you do eat it, and cook it in the right ways to reduce the amount of grease.

All of these natural remedies should help you stop acid reflux. I dare you to just give a few of these remedies a try!

No comments: